Sindh govt to arrange treatment of electrocuted by from abroad
KARACHI (92 News) – The government of Sindh on Monday has announced to sponsor the treatment of an 8-year-old child, who got electrocuted by the irresponsibility of K-Electric, from abroad.
It was decided during a meeting of Sindh Cabinet which was presided over by Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ai Shah. He was briefed on the incident of electrocution of an eight year old boy in Karachi.
Provincial Ministers Imtiaz Sheikh and Murtaza Wahab briefed the CM regarding the matter. During his briefing, Imtiaz Sheikh said that K-Electric was ready to pay compensation money of Rs 2.5 million to the affected child.
He said the K-Electric is unwilling to bear the expenses of the child’s treatment in any foreign country. The chief minister said every possible step would be taken to ensure recovery of the minor.
Following the orders of CM Sindh, the meeting was held with the family of the child and K-Electric. On the directions of CM Sindh, the compensation money offered by K-Electric was increased from Rs 2.5 million to 5 million.
Earlier, eight-year-old Umar’s both arms had to be amputated by doctors due to severe burns he had sustained after an 11,000-Volt electrical wire fell on him in Ahsanabad Sector-4 off Super Highway where he was playing.
– Murad constitutes 3-member committee –
On the other hand, Sindh CM Syed Murad Ali Shah has constituted a three member committee to probe use of luxury vehicles under provincial government.
The committee comprises three provincial ministers including minister for excise and taxation.
Meanwhile, addressing cabinet meeting in Karachi today Syed Murad Ali shah said there are only three luxury vehicles under his use and whatever is being aired in media in this regard is surprising.