Took action under National Action Plan not anyone’s pressure: DG ISPR
RAWALPINDI (92 News) – Director General (DG) Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor on Tuesday said that
In an interview with private TV channel, the DG ISPR said, “This is time to be united and all the political parties agreed over National Action Plan (NAP).”
He also mentioned that the crackdown against the terrorism in the country will be taken for interests of the public. He also elaborated that the actions have not been taken under any pressure.
“NAP is being implemented since 2014 when there was neither FATF nor Pulwama incident,” he notified. “Decision to ban Jamaat-ud-Dawa and Falah-e-Insaniat was made in January, he added.
The DG ISPR termed that Pakistan armed forces are fully capable to respond to any sort of Indian aggression, adding that India continues to violate ceasefire on Line of Control.
Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor also stressed that Pakistan want peace in the region. “Escalation increased between Pakistan and India from 26-28 February. India violated our airspace on February 26. The Indian pilot was captured and later released,” said DG ISPR.
He told that Prime Minister Imran Khan offered probe into Pulwama attack but no contact could be made on hotline between Pakistan and India.
“A dossier has been received by India and investigation is underway over it. It is being reviewed by the relevant ministry. Action will be taken if anyone found responsible,” DG ISPR declared.
Hamza Azhar among 44 held during crackdown against banned outfits
Earlier today, State Minister for Interior Shehryar Afridi said that they have apprehended 44 members of banned outfits including Mufti Abdur Rauf and Hamza Ahar, brother of Masood Azhar.
Addressing a press conference, Shehryar Afridi said that all the members of banned organizations were taken into custody for investigation. He also assured that the action will be contued as per taken by the National Action Committee (NAC).
The state minister mentioned that no country can interfere in the matter of Pakistan. He has reiterated that no action is being taken under the influence of anyone. “We don’t want to be accused from abroad,” he added. He maintained that the soil of Pakistan will not be used against any country.
Shehryar Afridi also informed that the operation against banned militant organisations will continue for another two weeks, adding that so far while complete details of the operation will be released after the operation is completed in two weeks.
“Indian dossier had no actionable evidence. It was just a dossier, not a proof, the state minister said. He further said that the Pakistani government has decided to launch a crackdown against banned organisations.
Earlier, the National Security Committee had in its February 21 meeting decided to accelerate action against proscribed organizations.