Toxic sweets toll rises to 30
LAHORE (92 News) – Another patient who had consumed poisonous sweets has on Thursday lost her life in Jinnah Hospital. The death toll caused by toxic sweets has risen to 30. The poisonous sweets were distributed among people after the birth of a child in a family. The victims were shifted to Jinnah Hospital Lahore following the directives of the provincial government. The Punjab government yesterday (Wednesday) constituted three members committee to probe into the incident. The pesticide detected in the sweets is banned in Pakistan, and shops are not permitted to sell it. The shop has been closed down, and the owners, two brothers, have been taken into custody.